Socio-Technical fight against the COVID 19 Pandemic
S.M. Saiduzzaman, Newsletter Editor for IEEE Bangladesh Section
During the pandemic, the necessity of the bridge between societal and technical activities is being felt more and more. To facilitate the objective, IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT) Bangladesh Chapter has organized a parallel event “Socio-Technical fight against the COVID 19 Pandemic” during the International COVID Congress 2020 (ICC2020) on 10th August 2020. The speakers of the event were:
- Howard Wolfman, PE, Treasuere and Board Member, IEEE SSIT,
- Katina Michael, Professor, Arizona State University, USA,
- Roba Abbas, University of Wollongong, Australia,
- Chong Yu Zheng, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia,
- Jawad Y Siddiqui, University of Calcutta.
Each speaker shared their personal experience and vision regarding the theme of the event. Dr. Shaikh Fattah, Chair for IEEE SSIT Bangladesh Chapter moderated the event. Dr. Celia Shahnaz, General Chair for ICC2020 was a guest of honor of the event. The event was attended by 70 participants.