Divya MG is an IEEE Senior Member belonging to IEEE Bangalore Section, India. Currently, she is the Vice-Chair & WIE Advisor of Bangalore Section. She was the Chair for Bangalore Section Women in Engineering Affinity Group in 2019.
Divya strongly believes in creating opportunity & refining leadership skills. In all her deliverables, several people from various sectors were given the opportunity to contribute. Many platforms were created wherein WIE members got the opportunity to refine their leadership skills. This has resulted in her securing the prestigious “IEEE Bangalore Outstanding Volunteer 2018” and “Outstanding Large Chapter/Affinity Group 2019” awards.
She is passionate and has contributed towards membership development as well as supporting eligible members to senior member elevation. Towards this she has organized booths at IEEE conferences, workshops and online help desk. She has travelled to many Student Branch inaugurations, delivered technical talk and coordinated IEEE collaborative meetings. Bangalore Section received the “SILVER MEDAL” of recognition for meeting its recruitment goal.
She is currently working as Joint Director, SDOS group, at Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Knowledge Park, Bangalore. Earlier, she was working as a scientist at Core R&D, ITI Ltd, Bangalore. She has over 25 years of experience in Telecommunication and Distributed Computing. Her education background is B.Tech, M.S, and MBA. Her areas of interest are Software Engineering, Project Management, Telecommunication, High-Performance Computing (HPC), Grid & Cloud Computing and Vehicular Technology. She has various publications to her credit and has given presentations at national and international conferences.
Her few notable contributions through WIE AG Bangalore Section include:
- Designed and launched Section Website at http://wie.ieeebangalore.org/
- Created email alias where anybody can reach WIE ExeCom through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Started a newsletter to reach out to all WIE members with WIE activities and accomplishments
- Designed (and officially approved by IEEE) the logo for Bangalore Section WIE AG
Under her leadership, the following events were successfully conducted:
- International Leadership Summit (ILS2019) – Over 350 delegates and dignitaries from around the world including USA, Japan, Thailand and Sri Lanka participated,
- IEEE International WIE Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (WIECON-ECE 2019) – Executed in collaboration with Bangladesh Section,
- Collaborated with AnitaB.org India and executed Original Research track at the GHCI 19 conference,
- International Conference -Returning Mothers – Rediscovering the lost talent pool – IEEE Women in Engineering and the World Bank Group on Energy and Extractives successfully conducted this conference,
- Participated and contributed in Ph.D Colloquium,
- Ottige Kaliyona – A starring event in the form of a community outreach program designed to empower students of government & municipal schools with life and technical skills.