Committee Chair: Rajendra Kumar Asthana
“To keep Life Members of Region 10 involved in IEEE by way of online & offline activities including competitions, involving them in Conferences and recognizing them through awards at the Region and MGA levels”
The current committee has members from Tokyo, Delhi, Taipei, South Australia, and Gujarat. We are looking forward to adding members from other countries.
Major objectives are the formation of new LMAGs, encouraging LMAGs to engage LMs in activities, organizing periodic LM / LMAG Meets across R10, organizing LMC & R10 LM Competition / Awards, and continuing LM tracks in R10 flagship conferences.
The committees plan for 2023 includes:
- formation of two new LMAGs in R10,
- organization of a minimum of 3 LMAC meets involving Committee members, 3 LMAG meets involving the maximum possible R10 LMAGs,
- holding at least 1 LM Coordinator meeting for Sections/Councils which do not have any LMAG, issue call for Nominations for R10 LM outstanding LM Volunteer award (Award is Plague),
- inviting entries from R10 LM for the Photography Competition (Cash Prize $200 in each of the two categories),
- calling nominations on behalf of MGA Life Member Committee for the Regional LMAG Achievement Award (Award is Plaque + $500 for future LMAG activities), and Regional IEEE LM Individual Service award (Plaque)
- selecting a global winner out of 10 Regional awardees. Global LMAG Achievement Award will be a Plaque with $2000 cash reward and traveling expenses and Global Individual Service Award will be a Plaque and traveling expenses.
- funding student activities in Region 10 from MGA LM Fund up to $1500
- organizing Life Member track in R10 flagship Conferences like TENSYMP in Australian Capital Territory, HTC in Gujarat, and TENCON in Chiang Mai, Thailand.